In the fragile work environment we’re currently in, taking any job you can get is the recommended course of action. However, when you get a better offer, you’d have to decline the previous one before moving on.
Doing so in a way that doesn’t bring up resentment from the company requires tact and skill. It’s impossible to consider holding onto a position when your dream job opportunity arises. Sadly, not all HR managers see it the same way. Some are actively resentful of these situations.
1. Take Time To Explain Your Decision
2. Do It Over The Phone Or In Person
3. Keep It Short And Simple
4. Be Honest And Polite
5. Be Transparent On What The New Role Offers
6. Offer A Referral For The Role
7. Try To Help The Transition
8. Express Gratitude For The Opportunity
Read more via Forbes