When you’re in between jobs, it’s an overwhelming experience. There’s an overflow of too much well-intentioned advice. Everyone’s telling you what you must absolutely do to succeed in the pursuit of a new job. Your parents offer stale advice that’s 30 years old. Colleagues—who moved jobs two years ago—give unsolicited guidance, but have no idea how out of touch they are with the current Covid-19 job market. All sorts of so-called experts come out of the woodwork and weigh in—for a hefty price tag, of course.
1) Know what you want to do next
2) Be honest—is this an achievable goal?
3) Why should the company hire you?
4) Network in person and online
5) Keep trying and don’t give up Read more via Forbes